I visited an antique shop to check out any old records and VHS tapes they had…
Something caught my eye, and I couldn’t believe it. I saw an old copy of Birdemic: Shock and Terror, one of my favorite movies of all time! An absolute masterpiece with such original ideas and effects far ahead of its time.
How I made the VHS cover:
- Find the movie poster you want to find
- Put in a canvas in the shape of a VHS box in GIMP/PS
- Add a fun border around the picture, make sure it looks like something from the 80’s!
- Place some circles to create stickers and add text you might find on a VHS sticker
- Add other various logos you might find on a VHS tape
- Use the paint splatter brush to make the box look old and worn